It’s that time of year again…where we reflect on all our hard work over the past year, kick back and celebrate with our colleagues at our work Christmas parties.
So what are some top tips to make the most of the silly season? Watch our ’12 Days of Christmas Parties’ video below:
1. Venue - Turn nothing space into something. Even an empty car park can be transformed into a nightclub with the right lighting! Get inspired. An empty space provides you with a blank canvas – create an event masterpiece!
2. Social media – Create a Facebook event page, send the link around the office and get everyone to LIKE it – get them involved and excited in the lead up to the Christmas party. Head to TFG’s ‘social media for events’ page for some tips to get started.
3. Gifts – Customised items are a great gift idea this season. It makes the item more personal and shows your colleague / employee that you have really thought about them. Check out some ideas here.
4. Lasting impression – People always remember the food at events. So give them something to talk about – serve food that tells a story / creates impact. An example could be setting up themed food stations.
5. Ice breaker – Christmas treasure hunts, trivia and other team building activities are a great way to set the scene for the evening and get people socialising…plus they are lots of fun! Some examples of Christmas team building activities can be found here.
6. Theming – Make your own centrepieces – something unique and personal with a touch of Christmas Flair! There’s lots of great websites online that can provide you with ideas. Some examples can be found here.
7. Technology – Make use of mobile and sms reminders. It’s a great way to build up excitement and remind guests of all the details – including time, location and what to bring.
8. Invitation – Personalise and make it fun to get their attention. Jib Jab have a great selection of e-cards which you can customise.
9. Jam sessions – Another option for entertainment / music is to hold a ‘jam session’. Tell guests to bring along their instrument and get into the festive cheer. It’s free and guaranteed to be lots of fun.
10. Food – Bite size portions are really popular at the moment. Especially for cocktail parties / and social gatherings where guests are networking and moving around. Serving food in shot glasses is a unique and trendy option.
11. Beverages – Everyone likes to enjoy a nice drink at a Christmas party – so why not use your creativity and flair to make your own custom cocktail…make sure you have a mocktail version as well..something that everyone will enjoy.
12. Getting home – Remember the three S’s – be Safe, Share, Save money! Organise cabs or a mini bus to get everyone home.
We hope you have a great time celebrating Christmas with your colleagues and families…
Do you have any more tips or ideas on how to make the most of your Christmas party? Leave a comment below.