Smart phones (iPhone, Blackberry) have become platforms for the meetings and events industry.
Wireless broadband and advanced web browsers mean that delegates can now access multitudes of information at their fingertips.
Web developers have created numerous applications dedicated to the events industry with the following capabilities;
• Display real time schedules and maps (www.motivas.com)
• Browse through speakers bio’s (www.visiontree.com)
• Download digital coupons/brochures/notes (www.eventkaddy.com)
• View online agenda’s (www.quickmobile.com)
• Integrate with social media platforms (www.zerista.com)
• Exchange contact details (iPhone app – ‘bump’)
• Navigate yourself through an exhibition hall (www.core-apps.com)
• Liaise directly with hotel concierge via your phone (www.runtriz.com)
• Poll the audience or send questions to the speaker (www.polleverywhere.com)
So why else should you embrace mobile applications?
• It eliminates paper! More and more clients are listing sustainability as an important component of their events. By integrating the use of mobile applications, you are keeping the event green.
• It has massive sponsorship opportunities – sponsors will appreciate the large exposure
• Improved customer experience – It’s interactive and in real time! Mobile apps create convenience without having to shuffle through papers and conference booklets.
What we are seeing is a significant force that could potentially change the entire events industry. Will you be moving your company toward the adoption of mobile applications for events?
Leave us a comment with your thoughts below.