The NSW Training Awards ceremony is an important event in the annual calendar, and with 2018 marking the 20th anniversary of the Awards, Training Services NSW engaged Forum Group to manage the event planning and sponsorship services ensuring the occasion was a seamlessly executed and wonderful event for all stakeholders and attendees.
How we made it happen
Taking place at Sydney Town Hall the event itself was structured into three components:
- A pre-dinner cocktail function featuring instrumental music in the background;
- The official awards ceremony (with a 2 hour duration);
A post award celebration with a lively, party atmosphere.
Forum Group provided the following event management services:
- Venue sourcing and management.
- Manage the ticketing and onsite scanning system for 450 pax.
- AV management and show calling.
- Catering (food and beverage) selection.
- Concept development and theming sourcing.
- Script writing for MC David Collins (Executive Director, Training Services NSW).
- 2 hour show presentation development including animation, voice overs, music and live speeches.
- Design and production of lapel pins for finalists and VIPs.
- Manage entertainment including the ‘Vocal Identification Program’, young Australian/Indigenous singing group, Welcome to Country, and three other musical acts.
Forum Group also provided sponsorship services including managing the sponsorship acquisition program and the associated sponsor requirements; strategically developing the prospectus sponsorship tiers; acquiring new sponsors as well as maintaining relationships with existing / previous sponsors.
The NSW Training Awards ceremony showcased the quality and talent produced by the VET sector in NSW, and with an attendance of 450+ guests, it was the biggest celebration of VET in the state.
Conducted as a not-for-profit event, the NSW Training Awards funding was financially supported by allocated government funds, sponsorship revenue, and ticket sales. The final sponsorship revenue recorded was $50,000 above the target (including new and repeat sponsorship money).
“The Indigenous performers were amazing. AMAZING!!!! Band at the end were great. The awards on whole were like a celebration – people were able to enjoy their achievements. The organisers should be proud of the great night had by all I suspect.”
What our clients say
Forum Group Events & Marketing successfully planned and executed the Department of Industry’s NSW Training Awards 2018. Their familiarity with government processes and protocol made the planning process seamless. Additionally, the Forum Group Events & Marketing staff are experienced working with dignitaries, VIP speakers, delegates and stakeholders at large scale events.
Jim Griffiths, Manager, Training Services NSW, NSW Department of Industry