The main challenge for the event campaign was to launch the inaugural event and innovate the program the next year. We were challenged to effectively create awareness about the value of television advertising in a very competitive climate.
We utilised our creative expertise to push boundaries to develop new ways to bring the ThinkTV brand to life. Forum Group consistently looks at ways to incorporate innovation into an event, for example, the airstar installation and honeycomb backdrop wall that we developed.
In 2017 the event was held at Luna Park. We saw a refresh of the ThinkTV brand (new colours and iconography – turquoise, teal, citrus orange, hot pink) and further opportunity to support this through experiential design elements at the event; including:
- For the stage set we had a larger space to work with and a 14m watchout system and laser light feature was incorporated to visually enhance the set;
- Mega 3D signs for the event hashtag #RETHINKTV;
- Tabletops with branded decals;
- Branded Balloon media wall;
- Honeycomb 3D wall pattern backdrop up lit in the brand colours elements;
- Laser light show opener – made a dark room / venue shine a light on TV advertising;
- Light snacks after the event included popcorn which tied in well with the fun park venue Luna Park;
- We created the branded popcorn boxes; and
- Installation features of airstar balloons. The installation showcased the brand colours and was used as directional signage in a colourful visual way.
How we made it happen
By developing a detailed project plan and budget, creating a fun and vibrant theme and selecting suppliers to match. Event services:
- Project management
- Event management
- Venue selection & liaison
- Entertainment management
- Event concept and design
- Finance management
- AV production
- On-site management
Our client was thrilled with the results.
“I just wanted to let you know that the event yesterday was a smash hit. The shareholders have been tripping over themselves to tell us we smashed it out of the park. Kim is buzzing and so happy. Really awesome job, well done!”
Rowena Newman, Head of Marketing, ThinkTV